Having a fire in your home can be an extremely traumatic experience. ABK Restoration Services can help ease your mind by providing fast competent repairs. Unfortunately the potential for damage doesn’t end when the flames are out. To protect your home and contents from vandals and looters, take advantage of ABK’s 24 hour emergency board up service. This will keep your home or business secure while working out the details to get the restoration construction underway. ABK has the tools of the industry to remove the odor from you dwelling such as dry chemical sponges, ozone machines, shellac encapsulate and more. With over three decades of experience in fire damage restoration, our experienced and expert knowledge can make the restoration of your dwelling as smooth as possible from start to finish.
Fire Damage clean up is difficult. ABK can help you get things back to normal as quickly as possible. When you have fire damage even after the fire is out, the area of the fire may be more damaged then you can see. Having a professional check the structural and health hazards of the building are important. Keep everyone away until it has been proven safe and sound for anyone that will be going into the structure. Not only are there structural hazards, but there can also be smoke and dust particles that can create health related issues. There are several ways to prevent fires, but if you are unfortunate enough to have a fire; follow all safety protocol from the fire department.
Sometimes a fire may not be completely out. Fire can sometimes smolder for a long time before it becomes a full fire with flame. Have a professional inspect any fire that comes from the walls or that can be hidden. You can prevent further damage if you call the proper people when the fire first occurs. Call ABK Restoration Services to help.
- Remove pets (especially birds) and plants to a clean environment, including changing water in fish tanks
- Provide alternate power sources to freezers and refrigerators. If this is not possible, or if electricity is off, empty freezers and refrigerators and prop doors open with a rolled up newspaper or towel to ventilate. It is preferable to turn off all electronic items and do not use again until they have been cleaned.
- Introduce fresh air to the contaminated environment by opening windows.
- Refrain from sitting on or placing anything on furniture, and limit foot traffic on carpeting until professionally cleaned.
- Do not attempt to clean walls, ceilings, unfinished wood, or other absorbent surfaces.
- Do not launder or dryclean garments that smell smoky, as it may cause smoke to stain or odour to set in.
- Wash plants with water on both sides of the leaves. Also, remove the top 1/2 to 1″ of soil.
- Vacuum or blow off loose smoke particles from upholstery, draperies, lampshades, carpets, etc. Do not try to wipe off as the particles may smear.
- Pour anti-freeze in toilet bowls, sinks and tubs to prevent freezing if the heat is off in the winter.
- Clean faucets, tub fittings, chrome bars, and trims on kitchen appliances.
- If the heating system is off in the winter, drain the heating system if applicable.
- If possible, do not operate furnace until ducting is cleaned, change filter immediately if it is necessary to have it on.
- Clean and protect bathroom faucets, tub fittings, chrome towel bars, and trims on kitchen appliances.
- Use computers, appliances, TVs, VCRs or stereos until they have been cleaned and tested.
- Use food items that have been exposed to soot, or canned goods that have been subjected to excessive heat.
- Use upholstered sofas and chairs etc.
- Attempt to wash walls, ceilings, unsealed wood, bricks or other absorbent surfaces.
- Launder clothes or dry clean garments that have a strong smoke odour.
- Improper cleaning may set smoke or odours.